- From November 10 to December 11, artists and municipalities can register to participate in this 2nd edition.
- The Dinamiz-ARTj program is one of the lines of work of the Institute for Just Transition focused on generating cultural offerings in these territories.
- The balance of the 1st edition shows more than 1,000 performances in 136 municipalities and more than 80,000 spectators.
This Friday, November 10 from 3:00 p.m. registration opens for participation in the 2nd edition of Dinamiz-ARTj, a program that was born in July 2022 as an initiative of the Institute for Just Transition (ITJ) and managed through the City of Energy Foundation (CIUDEN), to generate a broad cultural offer in municipalities affected by coal mine closure processes and thermal or nuclear power plants, identified as just transition zones.
Aimed at artists and municipalities of just transition, the 2nd edition of the Dinamiz-ARTj program maintains the same basic objectives: to generate a broad cultural offer in just transition areas, provide opportunities for the professional careers of artists and contribute to the enrichment of the tourist offer of these municipalities. In addition, the program will seek to dynamize the local scenic spaces, especially those heritage assets of a mining-industrial nature, increasing the activity developed in them; and to increase the rooting and encourage the search for local talent among artists in these areas.
Thus, this 2nd edition incorporates two new features in its rules: firstly, companies, groups and individual artists from the following performing arts disciplines: music, dance or theater may participate in the program. Among the artists, who must be of legal age, only those born or residing in any of the 12 provinces of the 197 municipalities in fair transition may be included in the catalog; and priority will be given to those who have an official higher education degree related to the artistic discipline in which they are participating. With their inscriptions, a new catalog will be generated so that the municipalities can choose the performances they prefer, which will be represented in their municipalities between September 2024 and March 2025.
Likewise, La Térmica Cultural and The Light Factory. Museum of Energy in Ponferrada are year-round venues where the cultural program of Dinamiz-ARTj is developed and as such, in these facilities you can continue to enjoy the free performances of the program.
Calendar of the 2nd edition of Dinamiz-ARTj
The recipients of this 2nd edition are individual artists or artistic groups in the disciplines of music, dance or theater, as well as the 197 municipalities of just transition located in the autonomous communities of Andalusia, Aragon, Principality of Asturias, Castilla-La Mancha, Castilla y León, Galicia and the Balearic Islands.
The procedure is organized in four phases and always through the following website www.dinamizartj.com. On this website, artists and municipalities can find, in addition to the rules of the call, all the necessary documentation for registration, a guide to frequently asked questions and a mailbox where they can send their queries (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The phases of this edition are:
- Registration of municipalities. Municipalities in the just transition zones interested in joining the program must register the spaces available to host artistic performances and activities in their municipality. The deadline will be open from November 10 at 15:00 hours until December 11 at 15:00 hours.
- Registration of artists. The deadline for applications for participation and submission of proposals by individual artists or groups will be open from November 10 at 3:00 pm until December 11 at 3:00 pm. The catalog with the list of selected artists will be published at the beginning of February 2024.
- Request for artistic proposals. The town councils adhered to the program will apply for the performances they wish to receive in their municipality. The application period will be open from February 12 at 09:00 hours until March 11 at 15:00 hours.
- Execution of artistic proposals. The performances programmed in this 2nd edition will be performed between September 2024 and March 2025 and can be enjoyed free of charge in municipal venues.
A pilot program with good results
After the warm welcome of the public, artists and municipalities, the balance of results of the 1st edition shows very satisfactory data after having had more than 80,000 spectators. Thus, since its inception in the summer of 2022, the cultural programming of the 1st edition of Dinamiz-ARTj has promoted more than 1,000 performances by 199 artists in 136 municipalities in the areas of just transition in 12 provinces (A Coruña, Álava, Almería, Asturias, Burgos, Cádiz, Córdoba, Guadalajara, León, Lugo, Palencia and Teruel).
The program has contributed to the dynamization of employment in these areas through the hiring of 14 companies from all over Spain, which have provided services to the program and have in turn generated local subcontracting. The ITJ estimates that 4,400 people have worked for the implementation and development of this 1st edition.
A program on culture and just transition
Dinamiz-ARTj is an initiative of the Institute for Just Transition (ITJ), managed through the Energy City Foundation (CIUDEN), which seeks to boost cultural activity in these territories and encourage visits to the municipalities contributing to their tourist offer. It also aims to promote social exchange through free access to culture and collaborate with the development of a full life in these areas affected by depopulation trends.